Terms and Conditions
This agreement is between the adoption applicant, hereafter referred to as the “Buyer” and Cove Lake Bernedoodles, hereafter referred to as the “Seller”.
1. Buyer agrees to take the proper safeguards for the care, safety and well-being of the dog sold herein, including but not limited to regular veterinary care, to include all inoculations recommended, a fenced yard or proper kennel, adequate shelter, feeding and exercise, socialization and of special importance, obedience training. If the puppy is shipped, the Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within seventy-two (72) hours of receiving the puppy, at which time the veterinarian must scan and record the microchip number.
2. Buyer agrees to never relinquish the puppy to a shelter. The Buyer further agrees that if for any reason in the future you do not wish or are unable to keep the dog, the Breeder is to be notified and the dog may be returned at the buyers expense.
3. The Seller is to be notified of Buyers change of address and phone number for their records.
4. The said dog is warranted to be free of genetic health issues, up to the date of dog reaching two (2) years of age. In the event said dog is suspect to a genetic disease, presentation of medically supported evidence verified by two (2) qualified veterinarians showing that the dog is physically deficient and not functional for his/her intended purpose, must be supplied to the Seller. If said dog is suspect to hereditary dysplasia, radiographs must be submitted to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) and evaluated. All testing is at the expense of the Buyer. Said dog is also warranted against hereditary eye diseases, evaluated by CERF. Should said dog fail to pass either OFA hip and elbow certification or CERF eye certification to the point that the dog is unable to provide for its intended purpose as a family pet, the Seller offers the following warranty:
The Seller agrees to replace said dog with one of equal value within a reasonable length of time. All veterinary and shipping costs are the Buyers expense and are not refundable. If said dog is determined to have a veterinarian confirmed, hereditary health problem and you choose to keep your dog, upon confirmation and acceptance by the Seller, at our option, we will reimburse you for veterinary fees of the treatment of said health problem, up to but not to exceed one half the purchase price of the puppy. Treatment that commences prior to approval will not be our responsibility.
5. The above warranty applies only to the below purchaser/original recipient of the dog, referred to herein as the “Buyer”.
6. Feeding the dog a base diet of generic, common or grocery store dog food voids this warranty.
7. Allowing the dog to become overweight or obese voids this warranty.
8. Any injury sustained by the said dog which may contribute to a health problem voids this warranty.
9. If we are unable to match you with a suitable puppy from our litter, you may move to the top of our waiting list for our next waiting list or choose to have your $500.00 deposit refunded.
10. Payment of the $500.00 deposit is required to secure your spot on our waiting list. The waiting list order is determined by the receipt of both the completed application and $500.00 deposit.
11. The $2500.00 balance is due before pick up or shipment of the puppy. The balance is expected no later than when the puppy is 8 weeks old and ready to go to their permanent home.
12. Any deviation from the standards outlined in items numbered one (1), two (2) and three (3) in this agreement voids this warranty.